Meet Our Surgeon
Enjoying a distinguished medical career, Mr Andrew Ives is a highly skilled plastic, reconstructive and gender reassignment surgeon with extensive experience. Mr Ives is passionate about the positive changes that plastic surgery can make in people’s lives and feels privileged to have such a rewarding career.
Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr Ives graduated from Liverpool University in 1989 with a Bachelor of Medicine (MB) and a Bachelor of Surgery (ChB). Beginning his career at Liverpool’s Whiston Hospital, Mr Ives was president of the hospital’s Junior Medical Association from 1989-1990, before migrating to Australia in 1991.
Mr Ives practised in Queensland for ten years, working as the first resident plastic surgeon in Toowoomba from 2000 to 2005, and developing the first public plastic surgery service in the city, before moving to the Sunshine Coast and opening a successful cosmetic surgery practice there. In 2010, Mr Ives returned to Melbourne to establish his current practice and was publically appointed to the State Adult Burns Unit at The Alfred Hospital as well as taking up an appointment as a Visiting Medical Officer in the plastic surgical unit at The Northern Hospital.
Mr Ives is a member of numerous professional associations relating to plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery and regularly seeks out new developments through conferences and industry journals. Andrew also enjoys giving back to the plastic surgery community by assisting potential plastic surgeons with their training.
With over twenty years of surgical experience, Mr Ives’ comprehensive approach to patient care guarantees a safe and secure surgical experience. Mr Ives and his team handle all aspects of the surgical procedure with the utmost care and consideration, to ensure the best possible surgical outcome for each patient.
If you wish to learn more about the procedures offered by Mr Ives, please fill out the contact form here and a member of our team will respond to your query.
M.B. Ch.B(UK), FRACS (Plast.Recon.Surg.)
- Bachelor of Medicine (MB) – Liverpool University, 1989
- Bachelor of Surgery (ChB) – Liverpool University, 1989
- Research Fellow of the Jack Brockhoff Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Research Unit – University of Melbourne, 1999
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – 2000
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Australian Professional Association for Trans Health (AusPATH)
- Australian and New Zealand Burn Association
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- Australian Medical Association